Saturday, June 8, 2019

After an interesting start to my trip which included spending the night on the floor of Panama City airport and an angry mob of Latinos, I made it to Guatemala and finished my first week of language school. The four hour lesson everyday is entirely in Spanish in a one on one capacity so it is very challenging. When I'm not studying, I go walk around and check out the different sites Antigua has to offer. On Tuesday, the school took us to the ruins of San Fransisco and on Thursday they took us to a traditional Mayan town close by called San Antonio. Both places were beautiful and full of history. However, the best part of Antigua is waking up every morning and being able to look out my window and see several Volcanos. The scenery is amazing and so is the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment