Tuesday, July 23, 2019

So sadly my trip is winding down..I have 8 days left before I come back home. But there is still a lot to be done. Last week I took part in the spelling bee as one of the judges and this week we have another team here so I am working partly with them because there are only 8 of them and partly in the school in the English classes. Tonight I have the pleasure of being Grill Master and cooking up 200 hot dogs for our special team meal to go along with soda, chips, and chocolate bananas. I have been shouldering more responsibility the past 10 days because may of the missionaries are out of the country right now. It's been challenging but also very rewarding to have that kind of responsibility. I still have plenty of time to play and talk with the kids. My favorite moment of everyday is when school lets out and I am there to pickup my sponsor kid from school just like every other parent is there to do. I can only imagine how special that is for her. Many of the kids have been begging me to come back for Christmas so I can share that with them but we will see where God takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment